Another incubator

One of the nest sites which I found I have spent 6 hours watching for the eagles and not seen any. So on the previous post it is one of the 3 nests with no eagles seen in the area. A nest cliff can have more than one nest structure (the most I have seen is five), each year the pair will build up one or two of their nests and then choose one of them to breed in. This cliff has four nests, although one of them is falling down.



This picture shows two of their closest nests. I have just heard from Lucia Rodrigues that she visited these nests and saw a Black eagle incubating on the lower nest. This is the furthest nest from my base which I know of in the Cederberg, luckily Cape Nature at Matjiesrivier will be monitoring their breeding progress this season -- Good news all round!

Comments

Popular Posts